seffy

seffy

Friday, May 2, 2014

4/25/14
     MTC is still legit. Whoever said it was a boring place can be shot. Classes are amazing. Today we talked about the Doctrine of Christ and Revelation threw prayer and how to extend a proper baptismal invitation. At first I'd rush threw it but then I had to slow down. My teacher said not to rush so much so I decided to say it as if  I was performing a ordinance at the temple.
     We also explained what and how to pray to investigators. Chris is the guy's name and he said praying was like talking to nothing. It was awesome because I just read the perfect scripture this morning during study. It's D&C 9: 6-8 where it says "the Spirit of Revelation is the same that lead Moses and his people across the Red Sea on dry land." Something that can do that isn't nothing and can answer anything we ask.
     My teacher Brother Moore also tole me a story from President Packer. The story goes is he was at at mission devotional and brought some amazing cake. He asked who would like a slice. Everyone wanted one of course. President Packer picked an elder who came up, he cut him a slice and threw it at his face. Everyone was shocked and no one else wanted one except for one Sister. She came up and President Packer cut her a slice and handed it to her. At first I had no idea what this had to do with anything. Brother Moore then proceeded to tell me that the gospel was the cake. Sometimes we get so excited as to teach the gospel that we throw it in the investigators face and overwhelm them. But you serve them one slice at a time and let them eat and understand. And enjoy the Spirit.
     Also we've talked alot about our purpose. We've beat it to death, but then I thought about the story dad told about the apostle who was the dirty little Irish boy and the missionary who thought he had an unsuccessful mission. That came into my mind outta nowhere and that is when I found my purpose. To find my dirty little redneck boy. Id i get one young man to even consider a mission seriously I feel I'd be successful!!!
    I also love the fact my scriptures were naked when I got here but I've highlighted like 8 scriptures at least a day and each one had helped me understand the gospel 10 fold.

No comments:

Post a Comment